The knowledge and experience of the Mechanical Engineering graduates will enable them to work in a wide range of industrial and other business units, both in traditional and modern fields of engineering, where appropriate specialized knowledge is required together with the ability of practical implementation.
The graduates of the Department have the knowledge and capabilities to work either:
- In the Public Sector, Public Administration and Local Administration, or
- in the Private Sector
- Also in many instances, graduates develop their own business as freelancer engineer.
Increasingly the last years , graduates of the department, having the required academic knowledge, attend postgraduate studies in Greece or abroad.
Typical fields of employment for graduates of the Mechanical Engineering Department are:
- The study of all types of technical projects
- The plant construction and technical projects
- The study and design of engineering systems and facilities
- The development, design and implementation of energy systems
- Equipment, instrumentation and systems trade
- The installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical facilities
- The production and quality control of products
- The design, installation and operation of Renewable Energy Applications
- The management of resources and sustainable utilization
- The saving of energy and environmental management
- The environmental impact of projects and impact prevention.
- The development and implementation of quality assurance systems
- Safety of employees and systems
- The development and implementation of systems of organization and management of production
- The installation, operation and maintenance of gas facilities
- Education, research and development