The areas of Energy and the Environment with the constant advances in technology, changing energy sources, increasing pressure for environmental friendly energy production and consumption, have in recent years received increasing attention both scientifically and professionally, leading to employment opportunities in the relevant professional fields.
The Postgraduate Program "MSc in Energy" aims to provide theoretical and applied knowledge of high quality in contemporary energy issues, such as Renewable Energy, Hybrid Energy Systems, Energy Management of Buildings, Energy Storage and Entrepreneurship in Energy and the Environment.
Graduates of Tertiary Education can apply for the MSc Course.Until today, a significant number of Greek and foreign graduates of institutions of higher education has attended and completed the MSc in Energy at TEI Piraeus.
Indicative areas of employment are:
- The study, development, design and techno-economic analysis of energy and environmental investments.
- The design, installation and operation of renewable energy applications.
- The energy audit of buildings
- The energy conservation and environmental protection.
- The environmental impact of the projects.
- The manufacturing and marketing of equipment for energy and environmental projects.
The program of studies includes a number of courses and the development of a dissertation. After successful completion of the course and approval of the dissertation, Heriot-Watt University awards the diploma "MSc in Energy".