The optional module "Energy Mechanics and Management of Natural Resources" of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, is offered as part of the RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES and ENVIRONMENT course.
This module is related to the "Renewable Energy Sources I (Theory and Laboratory)", and "Renewable Energy Sources II (Theory and Laboratory)" modules.
The following subjects are included in this module:
- Energy and Matter, Energy Sources, Energy Units.
- The Energy Problem of our planet and our country.
- Energy Resources. Disposable and Renewable Energy.
- Energy Pricing, Social Costs of Energy Use
- Transformation of Energy Efficiency
- Energy Quality, Entropy and Exergy
- Presentation of Main Energy Conversion Station-Methods.
- The Concept of Cogeneration, Cogeneration Methods
- Rational Management, Trends in Residential Energy Conservation in Buildings
- Saving Energy in Transport, Industrial and Agriculture
- Introduction to Management of Natural Resources (Oil-Coal)
- Minerals and Ores, Mining Technical Approach Strategy
- Fisheries, Forest Resources, Energy
- Introduction to Energy Economics and Planning
- The Entrance to the Greek Natural Gas Energy Market
- New Energy Technologies-Introduction to "Fuel Cells" Technology