The laboratory course "Fluid Dynamics Machinery (Laboratory)" is offered in the 5th semester of studies in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, as part of the courses on FLUID DYNAMICS, that are taught by the staff of the Laboratory of Soft Energy Applications and Environmental Protection.
This module is related to the "Fluid Dynamics Machinery", "Fluid Mechanics (Theory and Laboratory)" and "Applied Fluid Mechanics (Theory and Laboratory)"courses, with strong links in terms of knowledge of the subject.
The following subjects are included in this module:
- Pumping Station Loss Study
- Characteristic Curves of Centrifugal Pumps
- Characteristic Curves of Centrifugal Pumps in Variable Speed
- Centrifugal Pumps Performance in Parallel Connection
- Centrifugal Pumps Performance in Series Connection
- Characteristic Curves of Centrifugal Fan Operation
- Characteristic Curves of Axial Fan Operation
- Operation Study of Pelton hydroturbine
- Operation Study of Francis
- Operation Study of Kaplan hydroturbine