The optional module "Foundations of Ecology" is offered as part of the courses on RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES and ENVIRONMENT, that are taught by the staff of the Laboratory of Soft Energy Applications and Environmental Protection.
This module is related to the "Environment and Industrial Development", "Atmospheric Pollution – Antipollution Technologies", "Waste Treatement Facilities (Theory and Laboratory)" and "Technology of Environmental Measurements (Theory and Laboratory)" modules.
The following subjects are included
- Ecology as a science, Concept of Ecosystem, Knowledge of the Planet Earth, Ecological Movements, GMO products
- The Importance of Ecosystems in Environmental Balance, Biotic-Abiotic Factors, Ecosystem Boundaries, Balance Ecosystems, Producers-Consumers
- Interaction-Species Symbiosis, Carbon, Nitrogen, Phosphorus Cycle to Planetary Ecosystems, Interaction with Ecosystems Development Effort
- Ecosystem Population Dynamics, Environmental Pressure on Ecosystems, Ecosystem Resistance to Change
- Species Reproduction-Survival, Reproduction Differentiation, Ecological Succession
- Anthropogenic Impacts on Planetary Ecosystems, Planetary Ecosystem Problems
- Human population dynamics, Urban Development Models
- Environmental Impact Assessment of the Life Cycle Analysis Method
- Applications of Life Cycle Analysis in Energy and Productive Sector
- European and National Pollution Control Services
- Environmental Impact Studies, Basic syntax Environmental Impact Studies
- Ecosystem External Cost imbalance
- Ethical and Technological Issues, Aggregation Impact on Development Options.